The following web sites provide information about resources for children with Special Needs.
An agency serving parents, families and professionals statewide.
A computerized database available through FSN-NC.
The CDR provides information about services for families, including information about:
- Diseases, disabilities and chronic illnesses
- Community agencies
- Parent to parent support programs
- Locations of various support programs for parents throughout the state and nation
- Community contact persons for:
- Early Intervention services
- Exceptional Children's Programs through the Public Schools
- Local Interagency Coordinating Councils
Part of a nationwide system of protection and advocacy agencies. DRNC helps people across NC gain access
to disability services and opportunities through its advocacy and legal expertise.
Assures that students with disabilities, and those who are academically or intellectually gifted, develop mentally,
physically, emotionally and vocationally through the provision of an appropriate individualized education in the
least restrictive environment.
Helps children and youth with disabilities to live up to their potential. They serve the needs of people with
- Serving children and youth with disabilities
- Promoting independent living
- Providing residential services for the disabled around the state
Consists of a statewide network of 18 regional centers. These centers,
referred to as CDSAs, are located across the State at sites that are convenient to families and
service providers. Each center employs teams of professionals with pediatric specialties in medicine,
social work, psychology, speech and language, physical therapy, occupational therapy, special
education, nursing, and nutrition. Services provided are comprehensive in nature and tailored to
meet the unique needs of each child and family.
NICHCY is the national information and referral center that provides information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals. The Center's focus is children and youth (birth to age 22).
2201 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-2200
919-527-6335 | 1-800-859-0829 (In State Only)
This page has been visited 15360 time(s).
Top of Page