The NC Pre-K State Advisory Committee Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 13, 2021, by WebEx beginning at 12:00 pm.
Please join the meeting as an attendee by clicking the WebEx Link or dialing into the WebEx Audio conference number below:
WebEx Link: https://ncgov.webex.com/ncgov/onstage/g.php?MTID=ecd4bffc32a347a87630a573462b5f52e
WebEx Audio Conference Number: +1 (415) 655-0003 Access Code: 161 209 9496
The North Carolina Child Care Commission will hold a Special Meeting on Monday, May 10, 2021 by WebEx beginning at 9:00 a.m. The Commission will vote to publish rules 10A NCAC 09 .3101 -.3104 and its fiscal note for a scheduled public hearing to be held on June 28, 2021. The Commission will also continue its discussion regarding the CCDF Plan from its April 26th meeting. There will not be a time scheduled for public comment during this meeting however, general comments may be submitted to the Commission by emailing Dedra.Alston@dhhs.nc.gov or by US Mail addressed to Dedra Alston, Division of Child Development and Early Education, Administration Section, 2201 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2200.
The public is invited to join the meeting as an attendee by clicking the link below:
Grant Birth-Five Preschool Development Grant B-5 (PDG B-5) Renewal Grant Coaching Towards Mastery Request for Applications (RFA).
Up to $1,014,052 is available for this effort from September 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm on May 31, 2021.
Members of the public are invited to comment on North Carolina’s 2022-2024 Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Plan. The Plan describes how the program will be administered by the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) during the period of October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2024. The CCDF is the major source of Federal funds for DCDEE and the early childhood system in this state. The funds are used to provide child care assistance for families and to fund initiatives to improve and support the quality of child care in North Carolina.
In North Carolina, the CCDF provides support for:
- Subsidized child care services for more than 120,000 children each year
- Child care resource and referral services for families
- Increased education and compensation for child care teachers
- Technical assistance and training for child care providers
- Monitoring of child care programs
- North Carolina’s Star Rated License System for child care facilities
The projected amount of funding available through CCDF per federal fiscal year is over $350 million.
- Two virtual public hearings will be held on the draft CCDF Plan:
- Monday, May 17 from 12:00 -1:00 p.m. at the following ZoomGov link:
Meeting ID: 161 723 6343
One tap mobile
(646) 828-7666, passcode1617236343#
- Tuesday, May 18 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the following link:
Meeting ID: 160 052 6523
One tap mobile
(646) 828-7666, passcode 1600526523#
DCDEE welcomes attendance and comment on the draft CCDF Plan. For those who can’t attend the meeting, written comments can be sent by the date of the hearing to email@example.com or by US Mail addressed to: